The G1-5 and G1-7 printability testers produce colour strips which are suitable for many purposes, such as:
Measuring colour with colour measuring systems/spectrophotometers, colour matching systems
- Simple to operate and of sturdy construction for intensive use over a long period; easy and quick to clean
- Extensive processing possibilities for various substrates and gravure inks; substrate, ink and printing form simple and quick to change
- Excellent reproducibility, high degree of simulation of actual practice.
Density measurements, including establishing colour and density tolerances and determination of coverage, wear resistance, scratch resistance, flexibility, adhesion and gloss, ink transfer, light fastness and resistance to chemicals
Testing printing quality
The G1-5 range of testers print many sorts of coated and uncoated materials: paper, board, plastic film, cellophane, laminate, etc.
The G1-5 range of testers is used in the following industries:
- printing ink, paper and board, printing
- plastics, labels and packaging
- resins, lacquers and coatings
- raw materials
- Printing speed: 0.2 -1.0 m/s, adjustable in five steps
- Printing force: 100 – 1000 N in 19 steps
- Printing form is automatically brought under pressure, printed and lifted
- Doctor blade is automatically placed against printing form and lifted
- Maximum substrate thickness 4 mm
There is a full range of printing forms available in different designs: single engraving over the full surface, four different volumes in one print or a combination of different volumes in rectangular blocks and a 5 to 100% wedge.